Covid 19 Public Information
At Alert Level 2 all of our services continue to operate but how some are delivered may be subject to change:
- Our General Practice has returned to its normal business hours and is open Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 9 pm and at weekends by appointment only. We continue to offer non-face to face visits where possible, but if you need to be physically seen our staff are onsite to provide care by appointment only. Our Under 6 Walk in Clinic continues to be closed. If your child requires an appointment please phone us on 419 0500.
- Outpatient Clinics – services resume with some changes to planned clinics. Staff will be in contact with scheduled patients regarding their appointments.
- Radiology and Ultrasound – services have resumed. Patients are to arrive at their appointment time only, minimal waiting area space is available.
- Laboratory – services have resumed; patients may be asked to wait in their vehicle and be phoned to come into the building if the waiting area is at capacity.
- Community Services – District Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Needs Assessment and Social Work. Services resume as normal.
- SPS Physio – face to face clinic visits resume. Physio staff will be in contact with scheduled patients regarding their appointments.
- Inpatient Ward – normal services continue. Only one nominated visitor per patient is allowed. Other visitors upon compassionate grounds only. Visiting hours strictly 2pm – 6pm only.
- Maternity/Midwifery – Only one nominated visitor per patient is allowed. Visiting hours strictly 2pm – 6pm only.
- Urgent care for those who need it is available 24/7 by phoning 419 0500. For Life threatening emergencies please continue to call 111.
If you are visiting our hospitals from an area at Alert Level 3 or 4 (under permitted travel or a travel exemption), please contact the Senior nurse on duty at the ward ahead of your visit, so we can advise of any precautions you should take.
Mask Use and Signing In:
- When coming to Clutha Health First please ensure you are wearing a face covering. Masks are available at all our entrances to our facility.
- Please ensure you scan in for contact tracing purposes using the QR code or completing the contact tracing register at the entrance.
- We also ask that you present to staff at the ward entrances before visiting any patients.
Our Covid Vaccination Clinics:
- Planned vaccine clinics on the weekends will continue at alert level 2 or lower as scheduled.
- Those aged 12-15 years coming for their vaccination can be supervised by one nominated person for the duration of their visit.
- Please be aware that scheduled vaccine clinic days may change at short notice during the various alert levels.
Vaccination Booking Information:
- Everyone in New Zealand, aged 12 or over is now eligible to book an appointment for their vaccination. At Clutha Health First bookings for vaccination are essential.
- To book or reschedule current bookings please visit bookmyvaccine.nz or call 0800 28 29 26. If you require assistance with bookings please also contact 0800 28 29 26.
- If you have received your vaccination and now have un-needed appointments, we ask that you cancel these by visiting bookmyvaccine.nz or phoning 0800 28 29 26; this frees up the spaces for others.
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been at a location of interest, please contact your GP or call 0800 VIRUS-19 (0800 847 8719). There is capacity for testing in Balclutha.
Locations of Interest:
Please keep up to date with Locations of Interest.
If you have been at one of these places contact the national HealthLine on 0800 611 116 for further advice and information.
Remember, if you are not well please do not come to the hospital – please phone the General Practice and speak to one of the clinical team who are on hand to help you.