Covid 19 Public Information
Our Services at 'Traffic Light' Status Orange:
- There are no vaccine pass restrictions for essential healthcare while visiting our site.
- You will still receive treatment whether you are vaccinated or not.
- Mask wearing is still mandatory while on our site.
- Inpatient Ward Visiting: Only one visitor at a time is allowed. Other visitors upon compassionate grounds only. Visiting hours strictly 2pm – 8pm only.
- Maternity/Midwifery Visiting: Only one nominated visitor is allowed for labour, birth and post natal stays . Visiting hours strictly 2pm – 8pm only.
- Urgent care for those who need it is available 24/7 by phoning 419 0500. For Life threatening emergencies please continue to call 111.
Our services continue to operate as usual, except for some restrictions from the services as outlined below:
- Our General Practice is open Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 9 pm and at weekends by appointment only. We continue to offer non-face to face visits where possible, but if you need to be physically seen our staff are onsite to provide care by appointment only. Our Under 6 Walk in Clinic continues to be closed. If your child requires an appointment please phone us on 419 0500. Our online portal appointment bookings continue to be turned off until further notice.
- Radiology and Ultrasound – patients are to arrive at their appointment time only, minimal waiting area space is available
- Laboratory – patients may be asked to wait in their vehicle and be phoned to come into the building if the waiting area is at capacity.
If you are visiting our hospitals from an red zone please contact the Senior nurse on duty at the ward ahead of your visit, so we can advise of any precautions you should take.
Mask Use and Signing In:
- When coming to Clutha Health First please ensure you are wearing a face covering. Masks are available at all our entrances to our facility.
- Please ensure you scan in for contact tracing purposes using the QR code or completing the contact tracing ballot box at the entrance.
- We also ask that you present to staff at the ward entrances before visiting any patients.
Our Covid Vaccination Clinics:
- Our covid vaccine clinics are open each Saturday on the following dates and times:
- 11 December - 9am - 4pm
- 18 December - 9am - 4pm
- Our clinics will cease from 18 December with clinic dates for 2022 to be confirmed.
- You can simply walk in to one of our clinics and ask for your vaccination - no appointment is needed. If you prefer to plan your day and book an appointment, simply visit bookmyvaccine.nz
- Those aged 12-15 years coming for their vaccination can be supervised by one nominated person for the duration of their visit.
- For those requiring third doses, you must have seen your GP first and present with your consent form and prescription for the vaccine; please don't be offended if our staff turn you away should this information not be available.
- Please be aware that scheduled vaccine clinic days may change at short notice during the various alert levels.
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been at a location of interest, please contact your GP or call 0800 VIRUS-19 (0800 847 8719). There is capacity for testing in Balclutha.
Locations of Interest:
Please keep up to date with Locations of Interest.
If you have been at one of these places contact the national HealthLine on 0800 611 116 for further advice and information.
Remember, if you are not well please do not come to the hospital – please phone the General Practice and speak to one of the clinical team who are on hand to help you.