Covid 19 Public Information
When coming Onsite at Clutha Health First:
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, colds or flu, please do not present to the facility. Please phone us on 419 0500 first for assistance.
- While masks are not mandatory, if you have any cold or flu symptoms mask use is strongly encouraged.
- Masks are still available at the entrances to our facility for anybody who wishes to use them.
Visiting Patients in Hospital and Support Persons:
- We ask that everyone visiting our wards, completes hand hygiene and be free of any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please check in with our staff before going to a patient room.
- May undergo a Covid-19 test on ward admission or for certain procedures.
Covid 19 Testing:
Patients who have cold or flu like symptoms, particularly those who have contact with a known or suspected Covid 19 positive case are asked NOT to present to the general practice. Please phone us on 419 0500 and talk to our staff who will arrange the care you need. Alternatively you can call 0800 VIRUS-19 (0800 847 8719) for advice and assistance.
We are here to help you and provide any care needed. We can do this more efficiently and safely if we can talk to you before you come to our facility.
- Click here to find out information about eligibility for vaccinations and booster doses.
- Please be aware if you have tested positive for Covid-19, you must wait at least three (3) months since your infection before receiving any Covid-19 vaccination.
- Vaccinations are available locally in Balclutha at Bates Pharmacy, or through an alternative provider outside of the Balclutha township - visit Book My Vaccine for a list of vaccine sites.
Remember, if you are not well please do not come to the hospital – please phone us on 4190500 and speak to one of our clinical team who will provide you help.