Complaints, Compliments and Feedback
Clutha Health First is committed to providing high quality health care services and we welcome feedback about your experience so we can learn from it and continually improve.
- Compliments - are sincerely appreciated.
- Suggestions - provide opportunities for improving our care for future patients.
- Complaints - are investigated and responded to in accordance with the Code of Health and Disability Consumer Rights.
There are different ways you can provide feedback to us, by either:
- Completing our online feedback form.
- Complete and return a Feedback Brochure which are available throughout the facility.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, contact details and tell us what happened, who was involved, when and where it occurred, how this made you feel and the outcome you are seeking.
- If you need free, independent support, help or advice on how to make a complaint, the Nationwide Health and Disability Advocacy Service can be contacted on 0800 555 050.
- If you are not satisfied with the response from Clutha Health First, you can make a formal complaint to the Health and Disability Commissioner on 0800 11 22 33, or complete the online form on the Health and Disability Commissioners website.
While complaints can certainly be made by a third party (relative, parent or friend) on another's behalf, we may require that person's consent before we investigate and provide you with a response. Please provide contact details and we will contact you if consent is required.
What you can Expect from the Complaints Process:
Clutha Health First will send you a letter or email, to acknowledge receipt of your complaint or concern within five working days.
We will do our best to give you a a full reply as quickly as possible, usually within one month. If we think it will take longer, we will let you know.
Your complaint is not kept within your clinical notes and does not in any way affect your future care.
You may review the Learning from Complaints Brochure here.